Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sometimes I sits and thinks....


I've been honoured by a nod from the highly cerebral That Girl and while you probably know that blankpaige doesn't do memes (remember?), I have to make an exception 'cos this one is done with such warmth. That Girl has nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award

She kindly observes that blankpaige

is one of my daily reads. She combines wit and wisdom in really pithy posts and I wish she'd write more of them because each is a gem.

This is praise indeed from a brilliant blogger who, had anyone asked me before she, would be a definite nominee of mine. Fortunately, I've received this meme before the rest of Blog O'sphere, so I'm able to nominate the following equally fabulous five.

JL Pagano : The King of Irish Blog O'Sphere, his brilliant posts consistently force me to think about stuff that I wouldn't otherwise do. He is supportive and encouraging and ... well check him out for yourself.

Damien Mulley : Is the vitamin C in my blog diet. Everything that he blogs about is new to me, but he does so with patience, style and no little humour. His cyber hugs are a thing of beauty and he is so mind-expanding in a safe non-drug way.

Omani : Passionate, opinionated, persistent, questioning and brave. Every day Omani lights a
candle that illuminates my ignorance. He knows so much yet generously listens to uninformed opinion.

Sarah Carey : Sarah makes me think because I disagree with almost everything she writes, despite apparently holding very similar political perspectives. She infuriates and captivates in equal measure. If she were leader of Fine Gael, I'd vote her into Aras just to feel safe at night.

I like to have a mental picture of the blogger that I'm reading. It appeals to my sense of order. And because I haven't been able to do so in this case, the final blog which I nominate is Pretty Cunning/Susan Hated Literature. I don't really know what to think about this blogger but it is not for the want of thinking. Her posts and comments constantly surprise me and make me think that I must live in a strange antiparallel universe. But in a fun and interesting way!


So many other blogs deserve mention, but I want to keep them for myself!

Paige


The rules of this meme/award are simple.

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (There is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so does that mean we'll be seeing more of you?

11:06 p.m., May 10, 2007  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

You just never know.
Paige

11:18 p.m., May 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paige, thanks for the comment on Omani's blog, I can't help myself lurking, even though I'm not blogging.

Hope you keep up the posts here.

4:29 p.m., May 11, 2007  
Blogger Fence said...

Thanks for the nod Paige, course, you did nominate some that I may have mentioned, but I suppose I should thank you for that as it means I won't feel bad about leaving those out of my nominations :)

2:14 p.m., May 12, 2007  
Blogger Omaniblog said...

Ever since I read your post, I've been thinking. Thinking about what I might do next in response.
I first found this 'award' on Ros the poet's blog, and I had a flash of wishing someone would nominate me for it. It seemed to be an award that I would both cherish and honour. After all, why do I write?
That's what you started me thinking about, the why of omani-blogging.
Do I really write while hoping to stimulate thought in others? I think so. But is it truer to say that I really write to stimulate thought in myself, and see others thinking as a by-product?
What about the feelings I write to liberate? The feelings I strive to express and set loose. Do I write to provoke or inspire feelings in others? Perhaps I would if I could be more confident that I'd achieve that.
And, if it wasn't for the savour of time, the rescue net of limited time for boundary, I would go on pouring out thoughts in response to your blog.

Which must be a way of recognising your blog as a thinker's blog.

A tinker's blog, a disreputable thinker's blog, maybe that's what I'm after.

Of course, I am now called out to name the blogs that make me think. BlankPaige first, obviously - after all those words, how could I withhold that accolade? But I want to add that it is your stories that make me think most. It is the tales of your adventures, the kind of posts you measure out very sparingly these days. But I'll wait patiently, only popping up with a harking back comment, occasionally.

The other blogs are easy to name because I read about five blogs daily,and some of those I log on to several times a day, as if I were a blog-addict after his fix.

Time drags me off and my fingers can't hold on long enough to write the names down. But I'll return after thinking more and feeling even more. Bless you.

5:15 p.m., May 16, 2007  
Blogger Omaniblog said...

I finally got to respond in full to your generous nomination. You can see it on Omaniblog today.

7:20 p.m., May 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home