Friday, May 19, 2006

Normal Service resumes shortly

When I started blogging, I made myself a solmen promise. I wouldn't blog about himself, work or my new car. These three things were important in my life and not the sort of thing that I'd talk to perfect strangers about.

The fact that over the last ten days, I've lost one and had the other two stolen kind of changes things.

But I'm trying desperately hard to hold it together and blogging about losing my brilliant new job (through no fault of my own), my honorable wee car (thanks to some ignorant scumbag) and my boyfriend (thanks to that blonde leggy bitch from his past) in rapid succession, is more than this blog virgin can handle.

Anyway there are so many other things to tell you about. The approach from a political party to contribute to their election preparations (I'm sworen to secrecy, but it does go to show you that politicians are beginning to catch on to this blog stuff). The Champions League Final. Westmeath v Offaly, not! Or the importance of provence to men of Munster.

But all in good time. First, I beg your forgiveness faithful reader for taking my leave without as much as a by-your-leave. I hope you've missed me as much as I've missed your warm embrace. (Right now, even an angry riposte from Twenty Major would be a welcomed interaction!)

Paige

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ, what a shitty week! Sorry to hear that.

Men, jobs and cars are all replaceable - and with bigger, better more reliable ones.

8:04 p.m., May 19, 2006  
Blogger KnackeredKaz said...

What horrible things to happen! That's dreadful, I don't know what to say!

Though, that's three awful things to happen to you, so by old Irish superstitions, you've had your run of bad luck now and it can only be up from here on in.

12:02 a.m., May 20, 2006  
Blogger Fence said...

That is a shitty ten days and no mistake.

I agree with knackeredkaz, it should be over now that you've had your three horrible events.

11:14 a.m., May 20, 2006  
Blogger JL Pagano said...

Ouch. Hope to see posts about things looking up soon ;-)

5:17 p.m., May 20, 2006  
Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

It's good to hear from you again. At least you haven't been knocked down and killed by a bus. I am so pleased just to have your voice. I was trustfully waiting but every day, after I'd clicked on for the second time hoping you'd be there, it got a bit harder to tolerate. A big virtual hug I wrap you with. And that's from a Monster man.

8:22 a.m., May 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Sinead on this one...isn't it about time you traded up :)

6:34 p.m., May 21, 2006  
Blogger Curly K said...

Welcome back you, sorry to hear things have been so shitty for you! Kaz is right, that should hopefully be it for a long time and if it's any consolation, anytime that I've had a crappy run like that I've generally found that in the end those things have happened for the best although I could never see it at the time.

Chin up girl, when things are this shitty the only way is up :-)

12:31 p.m., May 22, 2006  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I was away. Sorry to hear of the mishaps. Don't worry things will get better. Jobs can be found, cars replaced and boyfriends too for that matter.

5:39 p.m., May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home