Sunday, May 07, 2006

Aud-aciously De-fence-less

Eagle-eyed readers will notice that I've r-jigged my blogroll links recently. (Well in actual fact, I can't fathom blogroll but have been able, whenever mentally alert to insert the appropriate html code into my blog file.)

Recognising the fact that the brilliant
JL Pagano has adjusted his blog habits, I've added his main blog which I only occasionally visited. The bloggerati cognoscente know that JL is the Godfather of Blogging.

I realised that there are many bloggers that I visit via a circuitous route - I link to one blogger find his links to another etc., etc. So I've added these links also.

Now I realise that the one blogger who has been constant in my blog life doesn't appear on my blog links. Given that these are some of the links that inspire me, I must rectify the situation.
Fence is an interesting blogger that, if you havent, you really should check out. I can't say that I always understand where Fence is coming from but you can always guarantee that it is pretty cunning! 100,000 apologies to you Fence for this heartless oversight. I've no excuse other than my incompetence.

Still in two minds about adding
Twenty Major as a link. I know that he is the head blog boy but being a bit of a contrarian, I prefer not to be that obvious.

Update :
I'm not the kind of gal that casually throws about a blog link but like everyone else, I'm a sucker for the old subliminal messages! Also, it is important that everyone has a medically qualified blogger to turn to every now and then. For these reasons and because Springsteen-excepted she has a good taste in music, I strongly recommend that you check out Auds for a dose of reality. Having avoided the health service for most of my adolescence and now increasingly having to access it, I suspect I will be turning to her more and more!


But who else is out there that I should be regularly checking out?
Do let me know.
Paige

8 Comments:

Blogger Fence said...

Your 100,000 apologies would, of course, be accepted if they were needed.

My blogroll has very little to do with what I think other people might like to read. It is all about me, and keeping track of blogs I like to read. But I've never linked to Twenty Major, I think I'm alone in the Irish blogosphere in that I don't particularly enjoy the humour of that blog. Occasionally there will be a great post there, but usually I find out about them from either Planet of the Blogs, or irish blogs.
I do pop in there every now and then, but not enough to add it to my links section.

9:13 a.m., May 08, 2006  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

Fence,
You are not alone. I sometimes despair at what seems at times gratuitously offensive but do recognise that he consistently delivers very impressive posts.

I've relented and added Twenty to my blog links but (you'd be proud of me)cunningly disguised it!
Paige

9:23 a.m., May 08, 2006  
Blogger ainelivia said...

Would it be "Flow gently..." well done.

Don't read Mr T that often, but he does have way of writing about some issues that although he overuses the expletives and my stomach does the odd somersault, he does have a way of encouraging thinking about some things that PC have made taboo areas.

Agree with Fence, use my blogroll as a way of keeping track of the blogs I read

1:14 p.m., May 08, 2006  
Blogger Auds said...

I used to link to Twenty Major, and like Fence use my blogroll for myself, so I stopped linking to him simply because I don't like his humour, though in recent months, I have been enjoying his more ordinary posts a lot.



(Subliminal message - link to me, link to me..... ;-) )

1:46 p.m., May 08, 2006  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

Fence - Thanks
Plurabella - Got it in one!
Auds - You asked for it!

5:31 p.m., May 08, 2006  
Blogger Curly K said...

Thanks for the link Paige. I have to update my links, still haven't figured out the techy side of a proper blogroll

12:03 a.m., May 10, 2006  
Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

Paige, or anyone who knows,
what's a proper blogroll?

No blog on conspicuous consumption?

I really like Mental Meanderings.

7:07 p.m., May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally bemused by the fuss re Twenty Major myself. I think he has talent as a writer but he wastes it on amusing a fairly low common denominator. I was left fairly nonplussed by his recent attack on pederasty followed by the back-slapping comments about how it needed to be said, and how brave he was and other drivel.

Like we needed to be told, thanks. Not only that, but it was ignorant about due process and the fact that hard cases make bad law. Plus, Curtin will be dealt with according to the provisions of Article 35 of the Constitution and the procedures set out by the Supreme Court.

I think that's the nub of my problem with Twenty. Like McDowell, he's a smart enough guy, but he has dipshit populist instincts which he presents in an ostensibly controversial manner but which are really just a fairly banal form of received wisdom of the 'hup ya boy ya variety.

11:09 p.m., May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home