Friday, April 07, 2006

Terms & Conditions Apply

It takes a special person to be incredibly funny with just one word.  I always think that as I pass down Grafton Street and listen to the buskers.  I think about the craft being honed like latter day blacksmiths or glass blowers.  

Although I pass the street often I always catch the same snatch of performance.  It’s like my own special Groundhog Day.  The guy who pitches outside of the AIB at the Nassau Street end cracks me up every time.

“Even though I am standing here”, he offers by way of disclaimer, “I should stress that I have no connection with Allied Irish Banks or any other criminal organisation!”

Brilliant!

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

Perfect material for the Dublin Community Blog. You could really enhance that blog by posting on it.
Red Mum already does.

9:40 a.m., April 08, 2006  
Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

http://www.dublinblog.ie/

- address for dublin community blog

9:46 a.m., April 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home