Monday, March 27, 2006

Decisions, Decisions

My post of Wednesday last week has elicited all sorts of e-mail requests for further editions of the “Corporate Finance for Dummies” series.  Anonymous queries from people obtusely describing themselves as “an economist with Friend’s First”, “a director of the central bank”, and a “pig farmer from Co. Sligo” make a strong case for me to continue to the précis of major financing and re-financing events of corporate Ireland.  

This creates something of a dilemma for me.  Firstly, it starts to draw me away from my goal of becoming “the thinking man’s Anne-Marie Hourihan”.  Secondly, it starts to impact upon my ambition to write a one woman play about living in deepest, darkest Dundrum with Orla Barry.  (Sorry, of course I mean, write with Orla Barry a one woman play…. not a play about a woman living with Ms Barry!)  But perhaps most pertinently, it would mean that my job title would almost certainly have to change to “Financial Consultant”.  And regular readers of Blankpaige know how I feel about that.

So what should I do?  This is a bigger problem than my bloggers block?  Of course, I believe that it is all a conspiracy by Fiona Looney to see off any rival to her crown as wittering female writer.    

3 Comments:

Blogger Fiona de Londras said...

LOL - Wouldn't Orla do your head in with all the deep probing questins? :D

11:47 a.m., March 27, 2006  
Blogger Fence said...

Fiona Looney has a crown? Nab it, gwan, you know you want to.

2:26 p.m., March 27, 2006  
Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

Whatever you decide to do, it'll work. I don't think you'd be capable of disguising your talent, or losing it...

Under your influence I am now listening to Radio106fm while I write.

But, it's now time to break off and listen to Joe Duffy.

1:47 p.m., March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home