Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Return of the Statesman


What is it with our politicians? Did someone buy them all a copy of the "Last Days of the Third Reich" for Christmas? It seems that no-one can get into a good political exchange without resorting to likening their opponent to a Nazi.

Latest example being our erstwhile Minister for Justice - a man who sometimes gives the impression that he'd prefer to be living under a right wing dictator - who likened the harmless Richard Bruton to Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's propaganda boy.

So many phrases spin around in my head that I can't decipher if "People in Glass Houses shouldn't call kettles black" or if it is just gobbel-de-guick. So I'll just resort to calling the Minister a Nazi. Then I'll apologise. No harm done. My reputation as an intelligent, articulate and erudite individual is intact. Or so Sam Smyth tells me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Knucklehead said...

Der Rottweiller certainly seems to have a Nazi fixation. He probably intended his "Goebbels" comment to be a compliment.

10:49 a.m., March 22, 2006  
Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

Well said Paige. If only it was the minister who was a blot on the landscape...
Anyone who could say that the Gardai were well prepared for the "riots" in Dublin is either deluded or thinks that the rest of us are deluded. I'm not sure which I'd prefer to be true.

8:13 p.m., March 22, 2006  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

Today I wrote about two bullys (bullies - C'mon, your the spelling expert!). They were the recently eclipsed senior manager and the minister for justice. Could you do a consult job on the latter for me?

11:09 p.m., March 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home