Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Is it just me ?

Is it just me or does everyone want to scream from the roof tops - "It's spring, the sun is shining, people are smiling and I am so happy!" ?

Travelling to work this morning, I thought about 50 possible blog posts. It seems that the blog block has worked its way through my system and I've the equivalent of blogging incontinence. I thought for a moment about which subject I’d pick, when it struck me that each and every one was a rant of some description. Then I started thinking, well nearly every post recently has been a rant of kinds. I don’t like that.

The strange thing is ranting doesn’t reflect my current mood. I missed the train, laddered a new pair of tights and left my mobile cum radio at home this morning. Work has been a bit of a slog recently. I’ve had a run of minor illnesses nay ailments. But none of that matters. I’ve been in such good humour that I even posted my favourite happy tune (My old friend the blues). That was always going to be a last resort post. I wrote it up months ago to cheer me up when I was a little less positive. I saved the draft and thought; I’ll post this when I have come to an understanding with myself. (Astute blankpaige watchers will spot that ‘Don’t Go’ by the Hothouse Flowers is coming any day now.) I 've been touched by the warmth and concern of my fellow bloggers and feel more than a little guilty that I’d imposed upon their sympathies.

I know that many people think I’m more than a little weird. But there is nothing like a sad song/movie/book to put everything into perspective for me. I feel brilliant at the moment and I’d like to give Blog O’Sphere one big hug.

Sorry!
Paige

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

I consider myself hugged, and feel better already.

You are delightful.

1:22 p.m., April 04, 2006  
Blogger hesitant hack said...

hey paige. Just found your blog through another one...can't remember which. I've been diving in and out for the past few hours. Sorry to hear that you are down. I won't impose on you for a hug though, this being our first meeting!

Please don't publish the lyrics to 'Don't Go', though. It's a beautiful song but mac motherboards and salt water don't mix...

Keep up the good work.

9:53 p.m., April 04, 2006  
Blogger Fence said...

Isn't everyone weird? I always think so. therefore, weirdness is normal. Hmmm, have I defeated my own logic, can you be normal and weird? dunno, so I suppose I'll shut-up :)

9:21 a.m., April 06, 2006  
Blogger Knucklehead said...

"Blogging incontinence"

Love it.

Is it contagious? (I hope so)

10:12 a.m., April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home