Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Importance of Blem

Help required to re-trench the cool Dublin word 'Blem' in Urban Dictionary against a tide of Gravesend slang merchants.

Pass it on!
Paige

3. blem
Polite exhortation to someone to make a short, swift journey somewhere usually on an errand.

Will you blem down to the off-licence for me and get some kirsch for my kir
royale?

The run-flat on your BMW 6 series has been slashed by vandals? Don't worry, I'll
blem down to Insomnia and get you a double skinny latte!



tags pop out saunter dander dash run an errand

6 Comments:

Blogger aquaasho said...

"Blem" sounds like that noise kids make when they're spitting out food!

8:16 a.m., May 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice campaign. I’ve given it a thumbs up at Urban Dictionary and I'll pass it on. Also, nice blog.

However, when I was growing up, to ‘blem’ meant to kick a football really hard. Although I suppose that could be construed as an exhortation to the football to make a short, swift journey into the goal. So, fair enough then.

10:29 a.m., May 31, 2007  
Blogger JL Pagano said...

I'd be more than willing to accept my share of the blem.

Boom boom.

3:31 p.m., May 31, 2007  
Blogger John of Dublin said...

Sounds a bit like Phlegm.

I notice you mention BMW cars a lot. Maybe you have one....heh, heh!

9:53 p.m., June 02, 2007  
Blogger Omaniblog said...

blankpaige is not a BMW driver, in my view. I see her on a bicycle, one of the little audis, even a vw. But I wouldn't blem her if she drove another model.

In my eyes, she doesn't have a single blem (short for blemish).

And certainly she cooks a mean blem (blemonge...).

Then there's B.L.E.M (or BLEM) = blogs like elegant magic

11:48 p.m., June 02, 2007  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

It is just Beemer envy!

8:03 p.m., June 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home