Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Major Apologies

My sincere apologies for the silence of the past week. A combination of technical difficulties and technical incompetence rendered the blankpaige muzzled. Probably the most infuriating aspects of this enforced blog silence was that I'd hit a rich vein of blog ideas. I know that it doesn't happen too often but I was really cooking. I'd a whole entertaining (I thought) story about a Dundrum shopping experience, I wrote a rigorous dissertation on the current Middle East situation, I reviewed 3 books and 2 movies, I composed a passionate defence of the Gardai in the wake of Abbeylara report and I shared my Granny's receipe for Tiramisu. I made a confession about a growing interest in soccer that has some connection with Andri Shevkenko's tight haircut.

Of course when I say I wrote and composed, in some cases it was only in my head. But in a surprising number of situations there was hard copy to show for my musings. But the technical difficulties forced me to review and reflect on my "virtual work" as well as do a lot more blog reading. I know that I'm not a finisher. I get an idea, I toss it around, conceive a solution and then thats it. I loose all interest once I know what I want to say or once I see a solution to my problem. Saying it out loud or implementing the solution hold no joy for me. So I tend to tick the box mentally and move on.

So depending on how you look at things, you can
  • Rejoice that blankpaige is back online
  • Bemoan another pointless blog explaining why there isn't a blog
  • Rejoice/bemoan at the loss of blogs about Andrei, my Granny, the Gardai, Dundrum, etc

Paige

(P.S. Here is hoping that I was one of the missing routines in Omani's day of late. And I trust he got the in-joke in the title. Sweet Afton)

4 Comments:

Blogger Fence said...

Reviewing and reflecting are possibly the worst things to do and will always stop me posting as I wonder why on earth anyone would want to read this drivel. So I usually try to type and hit publish as quick as possible.

Welcome back.

10:20 a.m., July 26, 2006  
Blogger Curly K said...

Nice reference to Sweet Afton Paige. Glad you're back online and I'd hazard a guess and say you were definitely on Omani's list. You should file the posts that you have in hard copy - you never know when you run into a dry spell.

10:32 a.m., July 26, 2006  
Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

Players Please... Wood binds.

My list of bloggers without whom my day is dull... You don't want to be on that list. In front of me is a line of dolls. Every time I tune in and find nothing, I reach for my sharpener and file the tip that little bit more pointed. Without taking my eye off the unchanged paige, I gently insert...

11:20 p.m., July 27, 2006  
Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

Let me not be oblique... I rejoice. The weather in Cork is much improved, and my disposition is my less surly.

You are well worth missing.

11:28 p.m., July 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home