Friday, July 07, 2006

Crumbs!

You can debate the pros- and cons- to allowing US military flights to refuel in Shannon all you want. But is it just me or does anyone else think that blowing up a copy of the Quoran in a public building may not be the smartest move we ever made?!

I just hope that Martyn Turner doesn't do a cartoon on it, otherwise we might rapidly come
on an Al-Qaeda radar screen.

Paige

(Of course, hats off to the professional safety first manner in which this and yesterday's incident was handled by staff and passengers at Dublin Airport.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul O'Mahony (Cork) said...

I see that the IrISH tIMES report emphasised that they removed the book before blowing up the bag.

The person who left the bag will not be charged with anything?

I wonder how much that bit of carelessness cost?

Greetings from cloudy Algarve...

1:33 p.m., July 10, 2006  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

Ok I sort of heard about this, in the fog of yesterday ( wimbledon and world cup final, say no more). What happened? I take it went without a hitch though.

2:44 a.m., July 11, 2006  
Blogger Curly K said...

I hope it doesn't happen today (Tuesday) cos I really don't want to be stuck here in the airport for any longer than I have to be!

11:05 a.m., July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home