Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ella and My ex-Fella


I love my iPod. And I love the woman who invented the whole 'random' thing*.


This morning as I trudged wearily into work, my iPod gave me a lovely Nina Simone / Christy Dignam / Ella Fitzgerald musical sandwich. It made my heart soar.

So much so that it didn't hurt me that much that the only reason Christy was on my iPod was because my ex- had burned the cd to my hard disc. He burned a lot more things to a lot more painful places than my hard disk, but that's a whole different story.

And I thought the Son of Finglas held his own quite nicely in such lofty company. What's more, he even spoke to me in a way that previously only Ella or Nina might have done. Well actually he seemed to speak for my ex- as he intoned "you really fucked up this head of mine, what's in your heart is just a waste of time..." If only he'd said just that instead of 'why don't we just have a break'.

Today, my heart soars when previously it was just sore. Thanks Ella, Nina, Christy, those cute Apple geeks and the lass who invented the whole shuffle thing!

Paige


*I know it must have been a woman 'cos men are such creatures of (bad) habits.

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Mum said...

I love my ipod and I am travelling tomorrow and the Young Wan left my earphones in work, arrgghhhh. So no lovely shuffling for me, arn't women great?

10:41 p.m., June 29, 2006  
Blogger Red Mum said...

Oh except young women who leave important things like earphones in work.

10:42 p.m., June 29, 2006  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

iPods seriously where would we be without them? I have never heard of cristy btw, and as a music aficionado I feel that this needs to be rectified. Fill me in if you can. Pippa

11:57 p.m., July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home