Monday, January 02, 2006

Less than great expectations

Funny how your expectations can get revised so quickly. Yesterday, like my blog colleagues, I ponder my goals and targets for 2006.

- Lose weight?
- Spend more time with Tony?
- Leave work early?
- Get fit?
- Trek in the Scottish Highlands?
- Write my first novel?
- Quadruple my blog traffic?
- Learn to play the violin?
- Stop snogging my boss at work gigs?
- Rekindle my love affair with painting?
- Do some charity work - or at least something less self-centred than blogging?

Then 24 hours of blog silence. Not at solidary visit. Not a single comment. It's all one big reality check. Is there anybody out there?

Now my list for 2006 reads more like.

- Blog more often (I'll probably lose weight - and I'll probably increase the web traffic).
- Get Tony into blogging that way we'll spend more time together.
- Stay late in work so that I can blog on the cheap.
- If I blog while standing up, I'll probably get fitter. Won't I?
- Sod the Highlands, the painting, the violin and the novel, I'm not really that energetic or talented.
- Oscular interactions with my employer have been exclusively drink related. Stay off the gargle!
- Could you consider blogging as a form of charity work?

So yes, less than 24 hours later and my expectations for 2006 have all been reviewed downwards. Now all I want is to get nominated in someone's end of year "Best & Worst of Irish Blogs". I don't care about winning. An honourable mention will suffice.

Happy New Year, Y'all!

Paige

3 Comments:

Blogger JL Pagano said...

I like the new list, but just make sure that on top of all that, you keep on blogging ;-)

3:01 p.m., January 03, 2006  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

JL, thanks! You make it easy to keep on blogging!

9:26 a.m., January 04, 2006  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

Planet Potato, Thanks for the tips!

5:27 p.m., January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home