Friday, December 23, 2005

Live, Love & Prosper

I went to post a comment on Rinceoir's blog. I tend to think on Rinceoir as an earnest thoughtful young man who thinks a lot and is trying hard to do the right thing. Of course, I could be completely wrong. She might be a militant lesbian in denial. Anyway, I ended up with a longer comment that I had intended. And since I've not posted for a few days - posting from the queue in BT2 is technologically beyond me - I thought I'd post it here.

Rinceoir's Timid Tiny Thoughts is strangely named. His (her) thoughts are rarely timid and tend to address huge issues. I respect his honest (despise her duplicitous) posts!

Rinceoir,
Being neither a homosexual/bisexual nor a Christian, I probably am not qualified to comment. But since I know people who are excellent examples of each(and in some cases, both), I'll throw my tuppence worth in......

Question 1 : I strongly believe that it can never ever be sinful for one person to love unconditionally another.

Question 2 : I don't think anyone chooses their sexuality. Like all traits & personality characteristics, it is derived from a combination of nature + nurture.

Question 3 : If you want to claim to be a Christian, you need to do everything in your power to support equality for homosexuals as well as any minority that the herd turn on.

Most practicing Christians are just that - practising. So the gay community needs to accept that true Christians are trying their best. They (Christians) should not be condemned for failing to achieve the Christian ideal any more that gays should be condemned for not meeting a societal concept of normality.

You didn't ask the question : Is there a biological purpose for homosexuality? Clearly from an anthropological perspective, the human race wouldn't survive long if everyone was gay. But then again, the human race wouldn't survive very long if everyone had fair skin. We'd all die of skin cancer. But we don't asked the questions :-

Is having fair skin a sin?
Is having fair skin a choice?
If having fair skin is a sin, how far should Christians support equal rights for people with fair skin?

I actually know a couple of people who are Christian and have fair skin!!

Live and Let live ; Love and let love.
Paige

1 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

I'm a man. Just to get that clear.
If you want to know more about me check this out.

Although if I was a militant lesbian this whole interaction would really be hilarious.

I posted a response in the comments under the post.

7:56 p.m., December 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home