Saturday, July 07, 2007

Doh!

It is only now after I've had my large skinny latte with an extra shot that I realise why the RTE Radio 1 broadcaster** announced that it was exactly "seven minutes after seven o'clock". At the time I thought, that's just so typically of RTE, happy to be precisely wrong rather than be approximately right.

Now I know he was just pointing out that the time and date was the very symmetrical

07/07/07 07:07

Shame he didn't wait seven more seconds and he'd really have rocked my boat!
Sad but true,
Paige

(** Don't ask me his name, they all sound boringly alike - earnest young men with bad haircuts who'd much rather be running around the West Bank than having to debate drink driving attitudes with a pissed Tipperary vintner.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home