Monday, April 16, 2007

Why?

Is it too insensitive to ask why as a nation of generally God-fearing, peace-loving, decent individuals, the USA can conceive the right to be able to bear arms so damn important?

As a nation, we've an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. But even we're not stupid enough to make it a constitutional right for any wack-job to get tanked up and sit in behind the wheel of a speeding motor vehicle.

Wait a minute, strike that last thought.

Here's a quick bit of free election advice. The first US Presidential Candidate to pledge to do something about gun control gets my sister's vote. The first Irish politician who pledges to do something about alcohol advertising, drink driving, or whatever, gets my vote.

Paige

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Omaniblog said...

I know you're joking because you said so a few days later. One thought: you are very generous in your opening statement about Americans. However, I don't see individuals living in a vacuum protected from their society.
I guess Martin Ferris has your vote then...

11:12 p.m., April 23, 2007  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

mmm, Martin took me up all wrong. (I get that a lot with my posts, I really must work on my blog-annunciation). I hadn't expected he'd demonstrate his almost FF-like panchant for DUI.

He'd lost me at the gun-running if I'm completely honest.
Paige

12:06 a.m., April 24, 2007  
Blogger Omaniblog said...

DUI ?
I'm no good on acronyms.

11:07 p.m., April 25, 2007  
Blogger Paige A Harrison said...

Driving under the influence.

BTW (by the way), you will see RLOF, LMAO a lot (though not enough) - rolling laughing on the floor, laughing my ass off!
Paige

10:12 p.m., April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home