Thursday, October 20, 2005

Less Ranting More Raving

Less Ranting, More Raving
As you may know, I’m really something of a blog virgin. I’m just getting to grips with the whole concept.  When I started I thought this is just the medium for me, to get my articles published without going through my infuriating editor.

I know that I desperately want to write but I quickly realised that I didn’t really know what I wanted to write about!  In some respects, it was easy when the editor gave me a topic to research or a story to write.  So I did a quick bit of blog trawling to see the sort of topics that exercise my fellow bloggers and what items got a reaction.

It struck me that despite all the different interests and topics, a huge amount of blog space is created for personal rants from the blog author.  Now don’t get me wrong, some of this is brilliantly crafted and amusingly pitched.  But it made me think why does a broken heart inspire a poem or love song?  Why do we need to be downright angry to want to blog?

Why all the ranting when we could be raving?

I looked back through my own modest posts and saw the same trend.  The things that work me up get worked up ; the things that don’t make me smile inside.  Time to start raving me thinks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home